Women Build Week 2021
Habitat for Humanity’s International Women Build Week, created in partnership with Lowe's Home Improvement, begins this Monday, March 8. This weeklong event highlights the global need for women's access to safe and affordable housing. Please join us in a variety of engagements during the week.
1) Monday-Thursday stop by our Facebook page at 6PM or later- https://www.facebook.com/PiedmontHabitat where we will post a video interview each evening celebrating local women in construction, both professionally and as volunteers.
2) Learn more about Habitat for Humanity's Cost of Home advocacy campaign with its goal of solutions to make sure everyone has access to more affordable homes. Join a virtual engagement with Habitat affiliates all across Virginia. Join us on Wednesday, March 10th from 9AM to 10AM and hear from Anne Myers, Senior Director of Advocacy Campaigns, and Elisabeth Gehl, Director of Federal Relations, from Habitat for Humanity International. Anne and Elisabeth will give us an update on the Cost of Home Campaign and will provide an overview of current federal legislative priorities. Register for the training here: https://forms.gle/F2r43chwfJ4doMSY8 When the form asks for Affiliate, simply type Piedmont.
3) On Thursday, March 11 at 11AM, Habitat for Humanity International will host +You: Women, housing and the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, bringing together experts and leaders from around the world to discuss these issues and more. This can be viewed on their YouTube page here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6iA5JDaa8w
4) Learn more about the history of Women Build week here- https://www.habitat.org/volunteer/near-you/women-build/international-women-build-week
5) Finally, on Friday, March 12, stay tuned to learn how you can get involved in our current Women Build home, as we help Rosa and her daughter (pictured below) build their dream.