Mission: Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials, and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price. Proceeds from this ReStore benefit the mission of the Piedmont Habitat for Humanity to serve our neighbors in need of safe, decent, affordable housing in the counties of Buckingham, Charlotte, Cumberland, Nelson, Nottoway, and Prince Edward.
Position: Driver / Store Associate
Description: The driver will be responsible for picking up all donated goods. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that all donated items that come to the store are items that we accept. He or she will also be responsible for calling donors to verify pickups, scheduling donation pickups as needed, supervising the driver’s assistant, conducting maintenance and safety checks on all ReStore vehicles, informing the ReStore Manager when repairs are needed, making trips to the landfill and recycling center as needed, assisting ReStore customers, preparing donated items to be sold when not doing donation pickups, and other tasks as needed.
The driver will conduct all ReStore business with a professional attitude and demeanor, striving for positive interactions with donors, customers, volunteers, and staff, which is necessary for the success of the ReStore’s mission. The driver will also ensure that all donors receive a donation receipt if the donor desires one and is properly thanked for the donation. The driver will wear the uniform items issued to him or her, which includes a shirt and an optional hat.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Knowledge and experience in retail sales.
• Team building is a real plus.
• Must be a good listener and be able to engage in well-considered discussions.
• Must be able to anticipate potential problems and correct as need arises.
• Must be willing to understand the big picture of the Piedmont Habitat for Humanity ministry and know that ReStore is an important piece of the larger mission.
• Must pass a Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
• Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment.
• Ability to lift 75 pounds.
• Ability to spend the majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work will require loading and unloading donations onto truck, require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
• MUST be Team Oriented and willing to help out as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• MUST have a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record and a good work history.
Position Schedule: This position is available as a Full-Time position. The schedule is Tuesday-Friday, 9:30am-6:00pm and Saturday, 10:00am-4:00pm. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON SATURDAYS.
Compensation: This position pays at a rate of $12.00/hr.
To apply: Come to the ReStore for an application, 1550 S. Main Street, Farmville, next to the Farmville Food Lion, or email resume to Sara Beachum, ReStore Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
PHFH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.