Mission: Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials, and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price. Proceeds from this ReStore benefit the mission of the Piedmont Habitat for Humanity to serve our neighbors in need of safe, decent, affordable housing in the counties of Buckingham, Charlotte, Cumberland, Nelson, Nottoway, and Prince Edward.
Position: Driver- Customer Service Associate
Summary: Work as part of a team to drive ReStore donation truck to scheduled pickup locations, meet with donors, evaluate donations, load/unload donations. Assist as needed in the ReStore.
-Operate donation trucks in a safe, lawful, and courteous manner.
-Maintain cleanliness of trucks interior and exterior (cab/daily; exterior/weekly).
-Regular maintenance checks to ensure readiness of truck and equipment at all times including reporting any maintenance concerns to supervisor.
-Daily trucks safety checks to ensure the truck is safe to be on the road.
-Regular and as needed communication with ReStore Manager and Cashier.
-Loading/unloading of donations in a safe and efficient manner.
-Work with ReStore manager and back room staff to ensure all donations stay together and does not get separated.
-Placing and securing loads as trained.
-Professional and courteous interaction with donors including utmost care and concern for personal property.
-Assist with donation processing, recycling, and store needs when not assigned to truck.
-Drivers must be eligible to be added to Habitat vehicle insurance - this requires at least 5 years of driving experience and a favorable driving record.
-Communicate mission of Habitat
-Assist with Habitat special events as needed
-Comply with all policies and procedures
-Other duties as assigned by the ReStore Manager
-Ability to stand for extended periods of time, to move and handle boxes of merchandise, furniture, and fixtures over varied terrain including stairs and through doorways, entails lifting at least 75 pounds, assisted.
-Ability to understand and communicate in English; other languages are a plus.
-Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights and weekends, as needed.
-Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and random drug testing as selected.
Other Requirements: Adhere to schedule, show initiative, honest, drug free, positive attitude, customer service oriented, must have dependable transportation to work, sales experience preferred, valid driver’s license required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are performed in an outdoor and indoor environment. Off-site public relations events may include confined spaces with public access. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
1. advise clients or customers
2. answer customer or public inquiries
3. communicate visually or verbally
4. enter time sheet information
5. estimate time needed for project
6. move or lift heavy objects
7. provide customer service
8. use oral or written communication techniques
9. use time management techniques
10. use two-way radio or mobile phone
11. work as a team member
12. demonstrate goods or services
13. evaluate product quality for sales activities
14. use industry terms or concepts
15. use merchandising techniques
16. operate material moving, loading, or unloading equipment
17. operate navigation technology or equipment
18. follow traffic laws
19. inspect transportation equipment for damage or defects
20. monitor variables affecting route activities
21. review traffic routing or control plans
22. use local or regional geographical knowledge to transportation
Position Schedule: This position is available as a Full-Time position. The schedule is Tuesday-Friday, 9:30am-6:00pm and Saturday, 10:00am-4:00pm. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON SATURDAYS.
Compensation: This position pays at a rate of $15.00/hr.
To apply: We invite you to apply using one of the methods below. Thank you for your interest.
- Come to the ReStore for an application, 1550 S. Main Street, Farmville, next to the Farmville Food Lion.
- Email resume with subject line ReStore Now Hiring to email@example.com
- Apply at the Virginia Workforce Connection by clicking HERE.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Piedmont Habitat for Humanity Equal Opportunity Employment Policy prohibits discrimination because of race, religion, sex, age, ethnic background, color, national or local origin, creed, ancestry, status with regard to public assistance, marital or family status, disability, military service, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by law.